Sunday, March 7, 2010

A Big Pain You-Know-Where

I am finally at that age where my body is failing me. I've never broken a bone. Never gotten stitches. But ever since I ran my first 5k last August, I've had this pain in the ass -- literally. I sometimes tell folks it's my hamstring but really I think it's my glute -- all I know is that when I sit too long or run or hell, even walk, I get this pain on my right side when my ass bone connects to my leg bone.

Today after barely running most of February due to my laziness, the weather and not having a running partner in Newport, I ran 4.5 miles in downtown Manchester with Leah. OMG. She's quite the runner now that her bfriend is a guy who does marathons and then runs 4 more miles 'cuz 26 just ain't far enough. Today she busted my ass -- literally and figuratively. I thought I'd die the first mile -- but that's always the hardest for me -- and then the last half mile was REALLY difficult -- that bee-ach wouldn't let me walk the last two blocks. No, for real, I'm so glad she pushed me and I felt great. Except for that aforementioned damn soreness and pain.

I know it didn't help that we then proceeded to get in a car for an hour and a half and drive to Keene as I was responding to a show at the college for KCACTF. Getting out of the car in downtown Keene I felt like a 90 year old lady. Yes, I've been ignoring the problem -- okay, not ignoring it -- I started pilates last month at Soma Yoga in Newport to stretch out the hamstring -- but I haven't even discussed a referral to a PT with my doctor. Until now. Trust me -- I've got a doctor's appt. on the 15th and the first words out of my mouth will be -- hey, Doc, I can't seem to get rid of this pain in my ass -- can you help me? We'll see how that goes over!

No comments:

Post a Comment