Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Dying for a real man

One of my students lent me the first season of Dexter on DVD and I finally sat down and started watching it 2 nights ago. Here's what I learned -- it's not as violent as I thought, there's hardly any nudity and the last three guys I've been interested in are Dexter. Great.

First there's my ex -- he actually told me that he had to concentrate to appear normal -- that he didn't understand human interactions and it took so much energy for him to pretend to get what everyone else just did that he was exhausted. Yeah . . . and I married him. You'd think that would've been a warning.

Then there was actor guy -- who is still dating the little girl (ok, he's 33, she's 24 but come on!) -- even though for over a year he has said that he doesn't really care about her -- it's just easier to be with her than try to date someone else -- and if he breaks up with her she'll cry. Of course, I think she would've cried less a year ago then now -- but what do I know? In fact, this guy actually said he identified with Dexter -- yes, big clue there but I hadn't seen the show so I didn't really know . . .

And, of course, then we're back to mr. can't make up his f***in mind. So, I finally and truly ended it with him this weekend when he said he was going to come down to visit, wanted to take me out to eat etc etc etc -- oh, the BS -- it's piled high. Then he never calls me about the visit -- he FORGOT. Are you kidding me? What a self-involved asshole. Then I'm watching episode 4 and Dexter's gf goes down on him and Dexter responds with "I wasn't expecting that." WHAT??? The one time I performed that little maneuver on this guy he had the exact same response -- and I know he's seen the show so he was actually parroting it -- which is a bit more creepy than if it had been a coincidence.

I can pick 'em, huh? So, that's it -- no more dating men who have the emotional capacity of a fictional serial killer! That's the new rule and I'm sticking with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment